Retail design is a specialized discipline based on notions that are central to merchandising, marketing, ergonomics, advertising and interior design. The store design is specifically created to build a shopping experience that is as positive as possible for both the retailer and consumer. Whilst some aspects of retail design are practical and are concerned with the way that merchandise is stocked. Other features are much more obscure and have more to do with creating a specific experience for a consumer as he strolls through the interior space of the store. There are also certain aspects of retail design that are concerned with guiding shoppers through the store.
Revit is a very important tool used for retail design. Autodesk Revit Architecture is a program precisely designed for Building Information Modelling (BIM). With the help of Revit Architecture, one can capture and analyse design concepts and precisely maintain coordinated design data through documentation as well as construction. Today, retail experience is all about a perfect design and presentation of a retail space and it’s also an ultimate representation of the retailer’s brand.
Building Information Modelling plays a vital role in retail projects as it assists designers enhance the precision of design data created during different stages of planning and construction. Autodesk’s Revit architecture lays a platform for retailers and designers to create BIM retail design in a collective environment; however, there are several other significant benefits summarised below.
10 Reasons to Use Revit for Retail Design
1. It is a 3D design tool. The days of traditional drawings and design software are over as Revit is a more intelligent tool that provides 3D capabilities and views throughout its application.
2. It uses parametric 3D models created using Revit 3D BIM modelling rather than poly lines to help get a more precise design with actual objects as opposed to simple poly lines.
3. One of the more striking features of Revit is that if set properly, it calculates the required materials and component parts, based on the design, into schedules. This helps in avoiding manual checking and thus helps in preventing human errors.
4. Revit also lets visualization of the model along with allowing drawings to be created from the model so that accuracy from models to drawings and images is maintained.
5. Despite not being a standalone rendering tool, Revit does have exceptional rendering tools and abilities that allow designers to use Revit views directly from the model as opposed to a separate rendered solution using a special package such as 3DS Max.
6. Building up Revit BIM models using Revit BIM tools helps project managers to track the exact progress of the process through integration with time liner tools for all stages of the construction phase
7. Revit architecture also allows re-use of the same equipment in different stores, e.g. store furniture or store lighting or store graphics etc.
8. A retail design created in Revit can be easily modified right through the construction and design stages of the project
9. The tool lets users make changes to a specific area, such as section or a plan. This change will then update all other areas of the Revit Model such as an elevation or a schedule due to Revit’s database structure
10. Implementing Revit for retail design also make others aware about the project changes through easier online collaboration tools that enable work sharing of the same file during design.
Revit architecture for BIM modeling therefore has several benefits while creating retail construction drawings and is why leading retailers globally are increasingly using this tool for retail design. It helps them to manage the design process more efficiently, creating clash free drawings, extract precise procurement data and use 3D views in their design data. This together helps the retailers lessen costs and creates more certainty in defining timescale for store openings.
5 Tips To Clean Your RV Interior Before Selling It
7 Simple Ways For Homeowners To Save Money And Be Environmentally Concerned
About the Design, Construction, and Renovation of Healthcare Facilities